Family Fun Night
Orange offers emotional strength in difficult times. It helps us to bounce back from disappointments and despair, assisting in recovery from grief.
Family fun night is a purposeful reversion back to Old-School times when families had fun together, without the benefit of technology. The single parents and their children will partner together and hg of ave some old fashioned fun, and build on our relationships.
One of the major problems for single parent families is the feeling of being alone, without the benefit of a support system of people they can trust.
Back in the day, parents had an entire of community members there is they needed someone, or even if they just needed a small break. This is not a reality for far too many students, which can be problematic for their children. In an effort to create the comradely and comfort parents once enjoyed back in the day, we will all:
- Play board games
- Eat some healthy snacks and some comfort foods
- Play and be silly
- Show off some of our theatrical skills
- Have some healthy competitions
- Work on any problem areas that came up during the week
- Create some things to show the kids and their parents what they can do
- Talk about everyday things
- And anything else with the ability to re-create the feeling of family-at least once a week